India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
The fundamental purpose is to drive improvement in forecast accuracy by optimizing the APO statistical forecasting technologies, continuously improve the forecasting process, provide insights to the business partners (logistics and marketing division) to enhance business decisions and to support optimal service level.
30% of Time
Generating Bottoms-up forecast and sku splits at an Item/Week/Location level to load the monthly demand plan in APO for rolling 24months along with customer promotions management.
30% of Time
Analysis, Actions and reporting on key performance metrics such as forecast error, Trends, Bias and Demand sensing and collaborating with Supply Planning teams to help achieve business KPI’s.
20% of Time
Partner with US Demand Planners to deliver actionable insights the company can use to reduce inventory, lower costs and improve capital asset utilization.
15% of Time
Ensure data integrity in SAP APO at the item/location/week level across defined Customer channels. Leverage existing exception management tools to drive improvement in forecast accuracy.
5% of Time
Support projects and other efforts focused towards improving forecast accuracy and techniques.
- Minimum Degree Requirements: Bachelors
- Preferred Degree Requirements: Masters
- Preferred Major Area of Study: Operations
- Preferred Professional Certifications: CSCMP, APICS
- Minimum years of related experience required: 2 yrs
- Preferred years of related experience: 3 yrs
Specific Job Experience or Skills Needed:
- Good understanding of Demand planning processes
- Supply chain planning systems expertise preferably OMP
- End to end understanding of supply chain processes
- Basic analytical skills
- Good statistical forecasting acumen
- Learning mindset
Competencies/Behaviors required for job:
- Interpersonal effectiveness
- Effective communication
- Learning Agility
- Broad perspective
- Integrity and team player.
- High level of analytical skills, functional competence in the area of Demand management, Ability to influence without power, Good interpersonal skills etc.
- Excel , Knowledge in ERP and familiarity with functional package – SAP APO would be an added advantage
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online & Offline both available)