Working at Amazon
What unites Amazon employees across teams and geographies is that we are all striving to delight our customers and make their lives easier.
The scope and scale of our mission drives us to seek diverse perspectives, be resourceful, and navigate through ambiguity. Inventing and delivering things that were never thought possible isn’t easy, but we embrace this challenge every day.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We are a company of builders who bring varying backgrounds, ideas, and points of view to inventing on behalf of our customers. Our diverse perspectives come from many sources including gender, race, age, national origin, sexual orientation, culture, education, and professional and life experience. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and always look for ways to scale our impact as we grow.
How Amazon builds diversity, equity, and inclusion into its culture
Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn, be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon’s ability to innovate on behalf of our customers relies on the perspectives and knowledge of people from all backgrounds.
We believe that building a culture that is welcoming and inclusive is integral to people doing their best work and is essential to what we can achieve as a company. We actively recruit people from diverse backgrounds to build a supportive and inclusive workplace. We take steps to ensure employees have a sense of belonging, value, and opportunity.
We have 13 affinity groups (employee resource groups) with more than 87,000 employees across hundreds of chapters around the world. We actively recruit diverse candidates through our partnerships with historically Black colleges and universities, Hispanic-serving institutions and women’s colleges, and we have over 40,000 veterans and military spouses working at Amazon.
1. Review the fruits and vegetables (FnV) quality during the inbound at Amazon LPC (DC), spokes (UFF-FCs) and vendors
2. Reject the damaged/defective items back to the vendor
3. Make a note of the items rejected during the inbound (by item/by vendor, quantity)
4. Audit the quality during picking & packing process performed by the LPC associates
5. Monitor the Packaging standards during packing process
6. Perform daily audit of F&V Bins and share weekly/daily report with the stakeholders
7. Train the spoke and DC associates on FnV quality and packaging.
1. A bachelor’s degree in food-related discipline, such as food science, microbiology, or food industry management is minimum requirement.
2. Should have latest 2-3 yrs. of experience in food production companies or government inspection agencies.
Should have latest 2-3 yrs. of experience in food production companies or government inspection agencies.
Demonstrated history of working with varied stakeholders and ensuring on ground controls for quality
Location – IN, MH, Mumbai