With the beauty of art and the precision of science, we are an international collective of thinkers who partner with customers to bring scents, tastes, experiences, ingredients and solutions for products the world craves. We’re working at the cutting edge of artistry and science to apply new discoveries at every opportunity.
Our differences make us great. Together, we will do more good for people and planet.
Location: Chennai, IN, 600032
QC Analyst – READI
It’s an exciting time of growth for IFF, we’re inviting a result driven individual to join our Greater Asia Quality Team as QC Analyst – READI. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced talent with Quality Control specialization to be part of a global Flavours & Fragrances organization!
As QC Analyst – READI is a specialized chemist and you will be responsible working for manufacturing sites and creative centers around the world depending on the workload demand and customers requirements, gathering efforts with R&D and the QC labs on the base of techniques such as Gas Chromatpgraphy and Mass Spectrometry and methodologies for Allergens and Phtalates determination, to:
1) Assess and guarantee the quality of the raw material used to manufacture intermediate and finished products.
2) Assure that the delivered products to the customers are within specifications, protecting IFF from liability cost effective on time.
3) Supporting QC labs on the investigation of internal and external rejections and
4) When needed, providing technical support worldwide.
You will spend your time…
• Gas Chromatography evaluation of raw materials, intemediate and finished products from manufacturing plants and sample laboratories in accordance with internal specifications and external regulations, identifying deviations and/or abnormalities.
• Review the correct application of manual changes or reformulations or exceptions to the finished goods, on a timeline manner to assure the no impact on the OTP and/or any other KPI.
• Determine adjustments to turn the non acceptable quality lots of finished products to Accepted quality, reducing rejection costs and avoiding any customer complaint and/or external rejection.
• Mass-spectrometry interpretation of allergenic agents and phathalates in raw materials and fine fragrances to assure the accomplishment of internal specifications and external regulations.
• Daily communication of results and interfacing with the stakeholders requiring data. Prioritize work coming from different locations according to communicated needs.
• Work together with Vendor Quality group on reviewing specifications of raw material, new quality of raw materials and / or new suppliers
• Provide technical guidance when required for any QC lab around the world and support for resolving the root cause of some internal or external rejection.
• Generate GC documentation according to the customers’ requirements
• Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices.
• Knowledge of HACCP Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points
• Analytic / Problem solving
• Interpersonal Skills/Communication
• Results oriented
• Regulatory norms
• Allergens declaration
• Decisiveness, reliability, decision making quality, drive for resultsEducation & Essential Experience
• Bachelor´s degree (Organic or Analytical Chemistry) preferred (4-5 years).
• Broad knowledge of Gas chromatography and Mass spectrometry techniques. (2 years)
• Total understanding of Organic Chemistry
• Two year of experience on Quality Control with a total understanding of analytical chemistry.(Desirable).
• Knowledge of fragrances and flavours ingredients. (Desirable)
• SAP advanced knowledge QM module
IFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.At IFF, we believe that your uniqueness unleashes our potential. We value the diverse mosaic of the ethnicity, national origin, race, age, sex or veteran status. We strive for inclusive workplace that allows each of our colleagues to bring their authentic self to work regardless of their religion, gender identity & expression, sexual orientation, or disability. Visit IFF.com/careers/workplace-diversity-and-inclusion to learn more
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online & Offline both available)