Working at PepsiCo is more than a job, it’s an opportunity to build a meaningful career. It means a chance to help shape the future of some of the world’s best-known brands. To grow personally and professionally. To be part of a progressive company that’s transforming into a global digital leader. And with every project, brand and initiative that you are part of, you’ll be doing good for the planet and for our communities.
Our culture offers an environment where you can bring your whole self to work, voice your opinions fearlessly and feel supported in the process. We celebrate diversity, reward entrepreneurial spirit and give you the freedom to help shape the future. And we stand for what’s right. Always.
Bring your courage, confidence and can-do attitude. We seek innovative doers and thinkers who are ready to become globally minded leaders of the future. We designed our campus programs to give you the foundation you need to learn, develop and grow into your next big opportunity.
PepsiCo India: Leadership through Winning with Purpose
PepsiCo entered India in 1989 and has grown to become one of the largest MNC food and beverage businesses in India. PepsiCo India’s diverse portfolio includes iconic brands like Pepsi, Lay’s, Kurkure, Tropicana 100%, Gatorade and Quaker. Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders.
Model partnership with over 24,000 farmers:
PepsiCo India has pioneered and established a model of partnership with farmers and now works with over 24,000 happy farmers across nine states. More than 45 percent of these are small and marginal farmers with a land holding of one acre or less. PepsiCo provides 360-degree support to the farmer through assured buy back of their produce at pre-agreed prices, quality seeds, extension services, disease control packages, bank loans, weather insurance, and the latest technological practices. The association with PepsiCo India has not only raised the incomes of small and marginal farmers, but also their social standing.
Main Purpose :
- Vertical startup of green field plant with right quality product & building a quality culture in the plant , Stabilization of shift quality operations in new green field plant.
- Ensuring shifts KPIs such as WIP/ Leakages/ Zero red complain
- Ensuring best quality of product and minimum customer complaints through stringent on-line quality control checks and finished product inspection
- Implementing right quality control systems/standards for the processes, physical systems and environment.
- Trouble shooting during online production to minimize wastage and ensure quality.
- Responsible for maintaining GMP, GHK GLP and internal / external audits (HACCP, AIB, Personal Hygiene, Process audit).
- Train and development of quality checkers.
- Ensure quality of potato issued for production.
Scope– list in priority order the main accountabilities/deliverables of the role, including key measures. These should be clearly the responsibilities of the JOB HOLDER.
Ensuring that the quality of potatoes issued for production is as per the standard specifications
- Frying the sample and conducting COOK Test for checking various factors like % of undesirable color, internal defects, greening percentage etc.
- Providing status report to the Agro Department and indicating the number of pickers that will be needed for the particular lot (whose responsibility)
- Deciding whether the lot should be accepted or rejected
- Conducting similar Cook’s Test after every 15 days and whenever required for the potatoes stored in the warehouses under long term storage
Conducting online quality checks in the process area to ensure that all Pepsico standards of quality are followed during the production process in shifts
Conducting visual inspection for;
- Ensuring that all key operating parameters of machines are in the specified range
- (Peelers, Fryers, Slicer for thickness average and range, Chip Conveyors, Seasoning Tumbler)
- Ensuring after every hour that the potatoes in the trim and pare area are properly peeled
- Checking slice thickness and free surface moisture after every 4 hours
- Deciding whether to introduce anti-foaming agent in the process
- Recording the dwell time from the operator’s logbook after every 4 hours
- Checking the level of seasoning applied
- Conducting analytical tests for
- Deciding whether blanching is required – Hunter Color Test
- Ensuring optimum utilization of fryer oil
- Conducting 4 hourly checks on oil being used for frying for FFA, OV, PV, foreign materials, taste, odor and specific gravity
- Comparing test results against gold standards oil usage charts
- Deciding the mix of fresh and blended oil to be used for frying operations
- Checking the fried chips after every hour for TPD parameters like PA, percentage oil in the chip, % of soft centered chips, blisters, dark flakes, clusters etc.
- Measuring parameters like bulk density, moisture, seasoning and dimension for Non-PC products
Taking corrective actions to resolve problems thrown up by the tests
- Providing feedback to operators on corrective actions that can be taken for rectifying small problems
- Communicating to the shift in-charge the number of pickers needed for the process area on the basis of online checks
- Asking the Agro department to change the potato lot in case there are no pickers and the number of potato defects are large
- Communicating concern areas and corrective actions to the concerned shift in-charge and production manager promptly
Conducting online quality checks and finished products’ inspection in the packaging area to ensure compliance with Frito Lay standards of quality
- Ensuring that the Quality Checkers conduct half hourly checks for air leakage and hourly checks for weight, batch printing and air fill
- Conducting analytical tests for
- Checking after every four hours the percentage of oxygen in the bags – Nitrogen Flushing tests
- Conducting random film quality checks on the basis of any special complaints received from the production department
- Communicating concern areas and corrective actions to the concerned operator, shift in-charge and production manager promptly
- Consulting the quality manager in case of criticalities
- Ensuring that the corrective action is implemented
Monitoring machines in the process and packaging area specifically for their effect on quality and ensuring minimum waste due to machine related factors
- Calibration of machines like MM55 that detects moisture and % of oil in the chips after they are fried
- Ensuring that the slicer blade is changed after every 1 and ½ hour
- Ensuring that the peeler rollers are changed periodically to avoid under or over peeling
- Maintaining accurate and comprehensive reports for communication to all the people concerned
- Ensuring that the quality checkers make an end of shift report (for air leakage) at the end of every shift and then circulate it amongst the concerned people (quality, engineering, production
- Ensuring that the operators make quality relevant entries in their log books after every ½ hour
- Conducting regular quality wall meetings with the production and engineering personnel for discussing quality defects detected online and then deciding the measures to rectify the problems
- Coordinating a “Take Action Wall” meeting after every 4 hours
- Ensuring that at least four people viz. shift incharge, packaging leader, engineering executive and the quality officer are present for the meeting
- Comparing the product with the gold standard for appearance, flavor, texture and recording the ratings given to the product (ratings will vary between 0-10)
- Deciding on appropriate action for the product on the basis of the test scores
- Coordinating a Mini Wall Meeting after an hour of the Take Action Meeting to ensure that the recommended action has been carried out and the problem has been rectified
- Calling for a “Hot Wall” meeting in case there is a critical problem
Conducting a weekly housekeeping audit to ensure implementation of safety and hygiene practices
- Inspecting the process and packaging area to ensure that the working conditions like lighting, placement of material on the shop floor are as per standard requirements and that there are no unsafe conditions in the plant
Handling the hold material for minimizing wastages
- Ensuring that the hold material is cleared within 48 hours of hold-up
- Submitting a weekly and monthly report to the quality manager regarding the details of the hold material, reasons for the hold-up
- Ensuring adherence to statutory laws (Weights and Measures & PFA )
- Increasing awareness about statutory laws
- Maintaining accurate statutory records
Effective resolution of customer complaints
- Assisting the quality manager in analyzing root causes of complaint and developing a forward action plan
- Implementing the action plan
Participating in TPM activities for increased involvement in the functioning of the plant
- Leading/ participating in TPM for various projects undertaken by them.
Practicing a work culture that promotes company growth
- Internalizing quality standards and concept of “ cost of quality’
- Executing the action plans to institutionalize these
- Providing regular feedback to the quality manager on culture
- Implementing change initiatives and continuous improvement in own department and plant
Key Skills/Experience Required –
- B.Tech ( Food Tech)
- Exposure to food safety systems and ISO systems / 3 to 5 years.
- Preferably Knowledge of FSSAI /HACCP/AIB and TPM.
- Location – Uttar pradesh
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online/Offline)
• FOSTAC Training
• Internal Auditor
• Level 1 Training
• 5G training
• Virtual Internship