Our spirits are exquisitely crafted with long tradition and great pride. And, as a 7th generation family company, our business has always been about more than liquids or bottles.
For more than 160 years, we’ve been proud to be a catalyst for connection. We believe our purpose is to spark real-life rituals to bring people together for key moments in celebration, conversation and contemplation. Be it over a celebratory toast, a reunion of old friends, an impromptu post-work aperitif, an occasional big night out, or an epic gathering of communities bound by film, music, art or sports.
Meeting with friends new and old isn’t trivial, it’s essential for our wellbeing and plays a vital role in a well-lived and well-balanced life. We craft our exquisite spirits as a centerpiece of these real-life moments.
We encourage people to connect over one carefully crafted, exquisite drink at a time – savouring each sip, responsibly.
We share the passion and entrepreneurial flair of our founder and are guided by our three culture pillars – Fearless, Family and Founders, they inspire our Primos to be the best they can be and drive us forward in all we do. But what does this mean?
· Being Fearless; means adopting an agile mindset, being comfortable trying new things and taking risks. We are empowered to question, challenge and innovate.
· Family; We treat each other, and our communities, like Family. Always.
· Founders; The spirit of entrepreneurship is at the heart of everything we do. We see the business as if it’s our own. We do the right thing for the business and we all take accountability for our work.
When you join Bacardi, you become part of our family and gain more than just a job.
About the role
You will be responsible for distillery operations, maturation and blending of Bacardi Rums. You will also be working on product development of new brands as required for Indian market.
You would be pivotal in creating the blends for Bacardi Rums and have an opportunity to work with the best of global liquid blending teams at Bacardi.
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring proper operation of distillery and blending process as per Bacardi Standards. One should have an eye for detail, prioritisation skills and adept in managing the timelines while working with the excise departments in this role. Your deep knowledge about the blending and mixing process will help ensure the quality of the blend and implementation of any new amendments in the existing process.
RESPONSIBILITIES – WITH OUR CONSUMER AT THE HEART YOUR KEY FOCUS WILL BE
- Implement and coordinate the proper blending process and adhering to the requisites as per Bacardi standards
- Ensure proper operations of maturation process in line with Bacardi standards and excise norms
- Proper implementation of GMP and HACCP requirements
- Maintaining the inventory of the raw materials, wet ingredients on time and as per blending norms
- Ensure timely availability of the blend as per market demand
- Ensure proper FIFO of the ingredients and keep proper levels of same in the aging warehouse
- Maintaining proper hygiene standards for blending vessels and hoses
- Maintenance, timely submission and updating of the Excise Indents and Excise records as per the state excise norms
- Planning, Handling & Dispatch of ENA/GNS/MRS & Blend to various plants situated in different parts of country
- Ensure blend quality is per Bacardi standards & wastages are best in the industry / within Excise norms
- Implementation of best practices in the blending area
Skills and Experience
SKILLS – THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO CREATE YOUR LEGACY
- Industry exposure with respects to Blending of alcoholic products and maintaining the account and records as per State Excise Laws
- Knowledge of Blending / Mixing operations
- Experience in operation of laboratory Equipment’s like HPLC, Densitometer etc are added advantage.
- Knowledge of ensuring material and production planning
- Excellence in communicating quality issues and KPI’s to functional and line managers
- Knowledge of SQC / 5S and Six Sigma
- Preferably BE Chemical / MSc in Chemistry / Alcoholic technologist (DIFAT)/ Food Technologist with a minimum of 3 to 5+yrs of experience in Alcohol beverage industry.
PERSONAL QUALITIES – SHARE OUR FOUNDER’S PASSION AND ENTREPRENEURIAL FLAIR
- You have a passion for our Brands and flavours to ensure the quality of the blend reaching the consumers
- You should be detail and quality – oriented to ensure the Bacardi standards for the blends
- Should be adaptable and proactive to ensure the proper adherence of the process and implementation of new amendments in the existing processes