As a global leader in beverage alcohol, our 200+ brands are part of everyday celebrations in over 180 countries. Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world.
Ever since Arthur Guinness took out a 9,000 year lease on a Dublin brewery, some 250 years ago, we became a business that is defined by the character of the people who work here. It took immense character from Alexander Walker to convince the captains of every ship in the port of Glasgow to take crates of Johnnie Walker to the four corners of the world. Today, nothing’s changed.
We’re proud to be more than 27,775 talented people. While they make our iconic brands ever stronger around the world, we help them go further than they thought possible. Diageo is where you’ll find a wide variety of personalities, experiences and perspectives, wherever you’re based in the world. It makes for a stimulating and rewarding working environment, where everyone can flourish.
What’s your DRINKiQ? Take our quiz to understand how alcohol is made and explore the effects of drinking. You can discover everything you need to know on DRINKiQ website.
Job Description :
Role Profile – Executive Liquid Development (6B)
This role delivers technical output that carries a financial impact that consistently delivers on the innovation business KPIs/needs. The individual is expected to work with the liquid R&D team on various innovation and renovation projects with minimal guidance from manager and L4 technical mentors.
Leveraging commercial and consumer insight, the individual will act as a source of technical and creative expertise on their cross functional project teams. The individual will be expected to consistently broaden their experience via project work in different disciplines, research programs and/or beverage categories.
Qualifications and Capabilities Required
Education – Bachelors/ Master degree in Alcohol Technology/Analytical Chemistry/Bio Chemistry/Food Technology. Additional certifications including Masters or PhD a plus. Engineering or Applied Science Degree or recognized technical equivalent
Experience – Minimum 1-2 years in Distillery/blending/Quality /Product Development (Food, Beverages).
Functional Requirements –
- Basic understanding of liquid – liquid blending at lab and unit scale.
- Understanding the Product development process to deliver consumer beating liquids
- Good sensory skill to understand and describe the liquids sensorial
- Understanding of the ingredients and additives for liquid development
- Always seeks to evolve as a liquid developer and masterfully creates industry leading liquid
- Leverages deep consumer insights in liquid development work – catering the brief and scope to the 5Ws/ CCQ
- Interprets ambiguous consumer and sensory learnings to deliver optimal liquid solutions within cost requirements
- Adheres to best practice and governance procedures with robust handover and C2C processes; seeks to improve wow
- Support to craft liquids for innovation/renovation projects as per liquid brief and consumer technical insights
- Contact and interface with consumers to understand consumer technical insights with innovation / market research team
Opportunities for Growth
– Expand skill through experience in various categories/ platforms/ initiatives
– Broaden skill and network through cross-functional assignments and/or stretching business deliverables
– Bring new technology and technical solutions into the business and into market
– Grow strong capabilities in cross functional stakeholder management
– Develop consumer insights and technical reasons to believe for concept development
Worker Type :Regular
Primary Location: Bangalore HO