Funk Foods Private Limited a stealth mode D2C functional food start up, founded in Chennai. Our vision is to help people get real food that’s wholesome and awesome. Food that is practical, yet functional.
The ideal candidate we are looking for is an experienced food technologist with an inventive mind. As a Senior food technologist, your primary responsibility is to ensure that food products processed by us are safe and meet specific standards. It’s likely you’ll also be involved in developing the manufacturing processes and recipes. This could involve working on both existing and newly-discovered ingredients to invent new recipes and concepts. Therefore, a strong background in working with lab protocols in the processed food industry is a necessity for this position. Your work will entitle closely collaborating with a diverse set of foodies, chefs, designers, statisticians and engineers.
- Check and improve safety and quality control procedures from the raw material stage through to the finished product.
- Food testing and batch QC audits.
- Shelf life studies and nutritional information.
- Select raw materials and other ingredients from suppliers.
- Audit suppliers
- Run trials of new products – either alongside or together with product development
- Deal with any customer complaint investigations or product issues • Compile, check and approve product specifications and labelling.
- Work on packaging innovation and technology
Qualifications & Experience
- A Master’s degree in food science / food technology or similar.
- 7+ years of experience in renowned food processing companies
CTC:- Not a constraint for the ideal candidate.