WHAT WE HOLD TRUE
General Mills continues to move ahead by looking forward. Our insatiable curiosity leads us to new solutions and ever-stronger brands along the way. Inspired by the past and energized by the future, we remain more determined than ever to make a positive impact.
BENEFITS & SUPPORT
Our people show their commitment to General Mills in lots of meaningful ways. We commit to provide a foundation of support focused on your wellbeing. As you grow in your career and personal life, we’re with you every step of the way. Providing the holistic support you need when you need it.
A FORCE FOR GOOD
You see the pressures on our planet, communities and people. We are leading with our actions to sustain our planet, regenerate the natural systems upon which we all depend and foster and feed communities. We push ourselves and our partners to do what’s right, always. Your spirit and actions can help us progress and capture the opportunities in the years ahead.
A DAY AT THE TABLE
Whether you join us in an office, a warehouse or a manufacturing plant, you’ll be in a setting where people come first. One where you’ll have the space, support and safety for creative sparks and growing a career. And though we’re among the best in the business, we’re not all business. Each location has a personality of its own. We support each other through challenges, celebrate the wins and enjoy each day.
India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Sr. Executive FSQ-XQM
- Mumbai, India
- Innovation, Technology & Quality (ITQ)
- Experienced Professional / Pay Grade 50
- Incentive – Global Corporate Incentive (50/50) (ASLA), 11% Annual
- Reports to Manager FSQ-XQM, GEMS
This role is responsible for executing regional and market strategies in GEMS (Global Emerging Markets) for external quality management including auditing ingredient and packaging suppliers to ensure the food safety, regulatory compliance, and quality of General Mills’ ingredients & packaging materials.
The Senior Executive FSQ- XQM champions ingredient supplier food safety, manages ingredient categories, builds alignment and strategy with cross-functional partners, provides technical expertise, leads risk assessments and root cause analysis activities, and works with both internal and external partners to ensure the safety of General Mills’ products and processes.
- Provide FSQ leadership and direction through technical mastery in the areas of food safety risk mitigation, regulatory compliance, SPC, system capability, and sanitation and champion material supplier food safety and regulatory compliance.
- Manage specific material categories by identifying and reducing supplier food safety and regulatory risk, providing technical category expertise, ensuring specification compliance, and assessing supplier performance; provide food safety, quality, and regulatory training with our suppliers and external GMI partners.
- Conduct ingredient & packaging vendor audits (virtual and ~40% travel) to ensure vendor compliance with the General Mills Supplier Manuals and be responsible for follow-up to drive risk reduction for GMI.
- Lead risk assessment and root cause analysis activities for issue resolution building alignment and strategy with cross functional partners and utilizing Continuous Improvement tools.
- Approve and ensure accurate ingredient specifications and resolve specification conflicts.
- Partner with Sourcing to effectively manage suppliers and strategy for specific material categories.
- Provide leadership for global XQM and regional XQM initiatives including but not limited to process improvements, process standardization, and team development.
- Drive global processes and implement global tools/practices across GEMS markets.
- Provide support for Global XQM and regional needs.
- Develop and propagate raw material category expertise within GEMS region and globally; Represent region as category expertise on global XQM teams.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Food Science/Engineering/Technology/Nutrition or related scientific field
- 5+ years of related Quality, Food Safety experiences
- Ability to audit virtually and travel ~40% of time as needed within India & also international supplier sites (Middle East, Africa & Southeast Asian countries).
- High agility – Ability to influence, manage projects and be comfortable with ambiguity
- Risk assessment skills, Risk management & assessment experience
- Manufacturing and auditing/consulting experience
- Provide technical leadership to internal and external teams
- Self-starter who has the ability to prioritize workload while meeting commitments
- Ability to work independently & being okay with it
- A team player who is willing to help out their teammates as needed
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to a diverse audience
- Willing to be flexible with travel and work schedule
- Speak English fluently
- Ability to influence diverse audiences/customers
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.