At Mondelēz International, our purpose is to empower people to snack right through offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way. That means delivering a broader range of delicious, high-quality snacks that nourish life’s moments, made with sustainable ingredients and packaging that consumers can feel good about.
We have a rich portfolio of strong brands – both global and local. Including many household names such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. We are proud to hold the number 1 position globally in biscuits, chocolate and candy as well as the No. 2 position in gum
Our 80,000 Makers and Bakers are located in our operations in more than 80 countries and are working to sell our products in over 150 countries around the world. They are energized for growth and critical to us living our purpose and values. We are a diverse community that can make things happen, and happen fast.
Join us and Make It An Opportunity
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With Pride.
You take pride in your work and will drive toward a culture of zero incidents and an optimum environmental footprint. HSE programs will be well implemented and meet the relevant standards and regulations in the Plant. That means you will ensure that facilities provided are well maintained, regulation/procedure are in place and implemented, hazards/aspects assessments are conducted, the accident both caused by unsafe acts and conditions are reduced and energy and waste are driven down.
How you will contribute
- Assist and lead the cultural transformation regarding HSE to help lead plant to achieve Zero accidents and Incidents
- Be responsible for coordinating and overseeing implementation of all Health & Safety programs and processes
- Participate in investigations to facilitate closure of identified non-conformances
- Provide Health and Safety expertise for the plant for all new projects and change management activities
- Follow up on non-conformances and develops the systems to resolve them based on root cause analysis
- Maintain an up-to-date incident reporting system, assist with investigating incidents in conjunction with the HSE Pillar team/safety committee and drive the completion of corrective actions to eliminate root causes/reoccurrence
- Develop technical guidance programs to identify and remove physical hazards`
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career. You will bring experience and knowledge in:
- Experience in Environmental Health and Safety
- Must have completed Environmental Health and Safety training in areas such as OSHA, EPA, DNREC
- Experience in safety, and/or environmental technical standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with individuals at all levels
- Understanding and knowledge of regulatory reports and compliances including experience with ISO
More about this role
What you need to know about this position: HSE Lead role for one of the Manufacturing units located in Baddi, Himachal Pradesh
Education / Certifications: Graduate in Science or Engineering with Advance Diploma in Industrial safety from a recognized institution by State Govt. to work as a Safety Officer
Minimum 8 – 10 years of work experience in field of HSE in some reputed organization
Job specific requirements:
Working in a multinational environment, experience in implementation of standards like OHSAS 18001,ISO 14001, SEDEX will be an added advantage.
Should possess a strong knowledge of Health, Safety, Environment and industrial hygiene regulations in India.
Should have the ability to establish agreement and consensus with plant leadership and effectively engage primary employees, in management of safety.
Should be knowledgeable in continuous improvement concepts like TPM, Lean, Six Sigma, etc.
Travel requirements: Minimal to no travel (<5%)
Work schedule: 6 Day working with alternate Saturdays off
Country to country Relocation support available through our Global Mobility Policies
Business Unit Summary
Mondelez India Foods Private Limited (formerly Cadbury India Ltd.) has been in India for over 70 years, making sure our mouth-watering and well-loved local and global brands such as Cadbury chocolates, Bournvita and Tang powdered beverages, Oreo and Cadbury Bournvita biscuits, and Halls and Cadbury Choclairs Gold candies get safely into our customers hands—and mouths. Headquartered in Mumbai, the company has more than 3,300 employees proudly working across sales offices in New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai and in manufacturing facilities at Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh, at our global Research & Development Technical Centre and Global Business Hub in Maharashtra and in a vast distribution network across the country. We are also proud to be recognised by Avatar as the Best Companies for Women in India in 2019 – the fourth time we’ve received this award.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.