We are surrounded by the world’s leading consumer companies led by technology – Amazon for retail, Airbnb for hospitality, Uber for mobility, Netflix and Spotify for entertainment, etc. Food & Beverage is the only consumer sector where large players are still traditional restaurant companies. At Rebel Foods, we are challenging this status quo as we are building the world’s most valuable restaurant company on the internet, superfast.
The opportunity for us is immense due to the exponential growth in the food delivery business worldwide which has helped us build ‘The World’s Largest Internet Restaurant Company’ in the last few years. Rebel Foods current presence in 7 countries (India, Indonesia, UAE, UK, Malaysia, Singapore, Bangladesh) with 15 + brands and 3500+ internet restaurants has been build on a simple system – The Rebel Operating Model.
While for us it is still Day 1, we know we are in the middle of a revolution towards creating never seen before customer-first experiences. We bring you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to disrupt the 500-year-old industry with technology at its core.
We urge you to refer to the below to understand how we are changing the restaurant industry before applying at Rebel Foods.
About the Role:
The Manager of Food Procurement – Packaging is responsible for managing packaging procurement
· Managing complete Packaging Procurement spend for Rebel India covering all external manufacturing & Co Packing units for Paper, Corrugated boxes, Plastic & Aluminium.
· 360 Degree Vendor Relationship Management- (Risk assessment, Reviews, Negotiation, Contract management, on boarding, Inventory Management, Enhancement and issue tracking, Accounts Payable and Service Renewal).
· Working on all packaging related Sustainability projects collaborating with Internal &External stakeholders.
· Floating RFQs & managing negotiations end to end ensuring competitive bids leading to best possible pricing.
· Strategizing with the vendors to achieve 100% on time delivery of the material as per requirements to all 350+ kitchens.
· Renovation in existing packaging & cost reduction coupled with New Packaging design & development support
· Leading the execution of commodity driven strategies for supplier rationalization and localization.
· Review and Analyse Team’s business requirements, problem statements and Case documentation.
· Responsible for continuous process improvement- made procurement function paper less, periodic review of Procurement SOP, Maintaining System Hygiene, Periodic vendor performance evaluation.
· Responsible for New Product Development in system to generate FCF.
Skills & Requirements:
– 7+ years- experience of managing Procurement function preferably in the Food Services, HoReCa or FMCG industries
– Excellent at managing vendor relationships across geographies
– Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across departments