PepsiCo India: Leadership through Winning with Purpose
PepsiCo entered India in 1989 and has grown to become one of the largest MNC food and beverage businesses in India. PepsiCo India’s diverse portfolio includes iconic brands like Pepsi, Lay’s, Kurkure, Tropicana 100%, Gatorade and Quaker. Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders.
Model partnership with over 24,000 farmers:
PepsiCo India has pioneered and established a model of partnership with farmers and now works with over 24,000 happy farmers across nine states. More than 45 percent of these are small and marginal farmers with a land holding of one acre or less. PepsiCo provides 360-degree support to the farmer through assured buy back of their produce at pre-agreed prices, quality seeds, extension services, disease control packages, bank loans, weather insurance, and the latest technological practices. The association with PepsiCo India has not only raised the incomes of small and marginal farmers, but also their social standing.
Support innovation activities, productivity and technical Brand stewardship projects for Social Beverages in Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan BUs, starting from new idea generation, prototype development, product optimization and production start-up. Beverage product development should incorporate and be consistent with PepsiCo’s global goals for Performance with Purpose, Consumer Centricity, Quality and Safety.
Key Accountabilities :
- Support development of Social Beverage products for Middle East, North Africa as per the concept and help commercialization to launch as per the final specifications.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and global teams to get alignment and reach project objectives
- Conduct and document product development lab work, including development of bench top prototypes, implementation and maintenance of stability testing, and scale-ups for commercialization
- Conduct trouble shooting and root cause analysis for brand maintenance issues.
- Submission of samples for analytical and sensory evaluation
- Provide product formulation support by accurately preparing laboratory beverages and concentrates and submitting samples for analytical and sensory evaluation. Create beverage documents; ensure products are safe stable and legal.
- Possess basic technical foundation of ingredient functionality and potential interactions
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic calculations- including budgets for various projects, COGS etc.
- Ability to conduct experiments, analyse data and make recommendations to address technical challenges
- Good communication skills both verbal and written, including timely and accurate documentation of work in laboratory notebooks, actively communicate status of research.
- Demonstrates ability to understand application of consumer research and experimental design to project objectives
- Accurately maintains laboratory notebook and follows all safety requirements
- Ensure teams are meeting all mandatory requirements of the New Product Development Technical Stage Gate process (TSG) from Feasibility through Execution. Highlight risks, impact and mitigation plans to deliver project on time, within budget and in compliance with all design specifications
“#Locations: Gurgaon, India”
- M.Sc. required in Food Technology or related discipline. Higher qualification like Ph.D in biological/analytical sciences is preferred, but not a mandatory requirement.
- 6-8 years of experience in a product development role (ideally social beverages) from a reputed food and beverage manufacturing company
- Demonstrable experience with social beverages product sample handling and analytical techniques.
- Excellent organizational and laboratory skills
- Must have a pro-active work style, able to multitask, and be flexible to work in a high-performance and ever-changing environment.
- Self-starter with good interpersonal communication skills and ability to work with various personalities and work styles.
- Flexibility and willingness for occasional domestic/international travel (approximately 5-10%) for field research, trials, to attend scientific conferences and visit/collaborate with colleagues at different locations or PepsiCo offsite meetings.
- Flexibility and willingness to work during non-traditional hours (e.g., early morning/late evening) as needed depending upon research protocol (approximately 15-20%).
Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Standard Relocation
Job Type: Regular
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online & Offline both available)